Saturday, January 3, 2009

2nd attempt

I finally was able to make bread. My dad makes really amazing bread, (that's right, I said my dad!) He uses a mixer that I have always wanted, but never have gotten. It has been on my list of "things I want" for a while now! (I try to make birthdays and Christmas really easy for Tony by telling him my "Top 5 Things" I want. I know, I am so thoughtful!) I ended up, finally getting the mixer from my mom and dad this Christmas! So I practiced making the bread with my dad in Orem, but he was there to make sure that I didn't add too much salt, or burn it. This week I tried making it all by myself. The first time I made it I let it raise too much, so when I took it out of the oven it was all lumpy. When I cut a slice it just crumbled. The next night I tried again. I was nervous, so I called my dad a lot to ask him a lot of question! But I pulled it off! I am very proud of myself! I couldn't have done it without my dad for passing along his knowledge, and my mom for getting me the mixer!and also for helping me check off something on my "Top 5 List of things I want!" My bread!
My new mixer!

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Your bread looks AWESOME so I need the recipie for it, please put it on our cooking web sit. I hope all is well with you. It looks like you had a great Christmas! Aloha from Hawaii.

Kelli said...

There is nothing better than homemade bread right out of the oven. Way to go! Cool mixer. And only 2 times, it took me more than that to get good bread (well rolls anyway, I still haven't attempted bread).

Tina said...

Way to go Jen. You know what this means though - now your husband will refuse to eat store bought bread. (That happened at my house)

McKell said...

Fantastic job. I'm with Stacy. Post the recipe on the cooking blog, unless it's a secret family recipe.

Ryan & Emily Gillan said...

That sounds sooo good. I miss your dad's bread!!

Cody and Sharice said...

I am so excited that I found your blog! Your girls are adorable! I hope we can keep in touch better now!

Sharice
csblacker.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

It's bee-you-tee-ful!

Kristy said...

Hey Jen, I'm so glad you found me. I love having new blogs to look at. First off, you are hillarious. I was laughing so much at some of your posts. Your girls are so cute, even Troy made a comment about how cute they were when we got your Christmas card and thats not like him to notice things like that. I'm also very sorry about the baby you lost last year, I can't imagine how hard that must have been. I am glad everything else seems to be going well for you guys. I am way impressed that you did a triathalon, way to go! Your house is beautiful and so is your bread!!!

Love, Kristy

Jay and Ang said...

Mmm. Yummy. Can you make me a loaf or two?

The Bensons said...

I want some! I feel inspired to try and make bread now. I haven't since I was in foods in 10th grade and the kid that was in our group didn't wash his hands first, so when he kneaded the dough we all saw dirt fingernail crescents in the dough. I just threw up a bit in my mouth...

kelsie said...

oh my gosh! I miss your dads bread it was the best! I was actually thinking about it the other day, maybe he can teach me how to make it!?

Sarah F said...

MMMMMmmmmm homemade bread is the best! Looks like a great machine. I need to get one of those!