Thursday, May 8, 2008

Storm

Last night was basically a nightmare! Imagine the scene.... night time, huge drops of rain pounding at my house, Thunder and lightening every minute, oh and did I mention I'm home alone with the girls?

So this huge storm is going on outside and I am trying not to scare myself as I put the girls to bed. I'm reading Madilynn some stories, and I keep hearing noises, so I get up and start locking all the doors. I get to my back french doors, and as I am turning the lock...the power goes out. So I am trying to stay calm, but thinking in my mind that as soon as the lights come on the scream guy is going to be staring into my face!


Meanwhile the rain is coming down so hard that it started to come through the window wells in our basement.(luckily it is unfinished!) So I'm a mess and my friend Ashley calls. They are building their house right across from us in the cul-de-sac. They just got the sheet rock up, and Ashley was worried about her roof leaking and ruining the sheet rock. So she called me at about 9:00 p.m. and wanted me to go with her to walk through her house to check on it. She was scared that hobos were hiding out in her house, so she didn't want to go in alone. (If you know anything about me, you know of my extreme phobia of hobos...and cats) We are walking into her garage which is covered with plastic and the only way to get in is through a slit that is cut through. I am holding a big spotlight, and I go in first. Ashley is right behind, and she trips through the plastic and falls down (she is 8 months pregnant by the way!) I point the spot light up and see two pairs of eyes staring at us!!!! These two guys were in there just sitting in the dark!!! So we hurry and get out of there and call our other friend who lives next door!!

Come to find out those guys were the sheet rockers and they were waiting for their ride. But still I was shaking for about two hours!!

And through it all both of our husbands were with the youth enjoying themselves and receiving blessings at the temple. Never mind that I almost could have been attacked by some guy in a scream mask, and two hobos living in my friends garage!!

6 comments:

Jennifer Sciore said...

Hi Grims this is Trevor. I have to say, Jenn is a pretty good descriptive writer! We laughed through the whole story. We can do that because it turned out that you survived and the sheet rockers weren't Hobos (thank goodness). I could understand being afraid of things you "might" encounter, but Hobos? that's great! Personally, I hate spiders. I guess that is similar, they both bite when threatened and if you look, the bad hobos also have a red hourglass on their stomach!

Kelli said...

That is a great story! I would have lost it if I had seen two strange men in the garage in the dark! I am sure that didn't help your phobia. But I am the opposite when it comes to the lightning and thunder. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! I sit up and watch it every chance I get.

Teri said...

Jen, you are so funny! I'm glad you are liking Enoch. Your house is beautiful. Next time I'm down I would love a tour.

The wind there drives me crazy. When I was younger and had "big Utah hair" it was horrible. Just walking to church messed it all up.

Enoch was a great place to grow up though. Your "Enoch" post made me laugh hard!

Lisa said...

All I have to say is you are one brave woman......seriously! I don't know if I would have crept around a dark house during a storm with only a flashlight and a prego friend! What a great story!

Kristen said...

Wow. I'm sorry you experienced a perfect scary movie plot. I don't get freaked out very often, but I think that would have done it for sure. Glad to hear you are safe.

KAT said...

I absolutely HATE when the power goes out..especially if there is a nasty storm!! And I can't make fun of you because I would have syked myself out as much as you did!!! Darn those stupid SCREAM movies!!!(remember when we went & saw the RING together..I REALLY hate that show too)!!!