Sunday, April 19, 2009

What Was I Thinking?

This weekend Mark and Katie came down for a visit. We always have so much fun when they come down. They are amazing and fun and we love seeing them.
On Saturday Mark and I competed in the SHAC triathlon. I was so glad that my uncle did it with me. I love doing them and I couldn't resist doing it. My goal was to finish in less than an hour and I reached it barely. I finished in 58 minutes and 30 seconds. I felt really good after the race, however I am pretty sore today. All I have wanted to do is sleep. I had so much fun though. I love doing triathlons and I hope that Tony will do the next one with me.
After the race we took the kids hiking at Red Cliffs. I love all of the mountains in Utah. I have always loved the green mountains in Northern Utah and I love seeing the red rock of the mountains in southern Utah.
Thanks Mark and Katie for such an awesome weekend!
The swimming portion of the race is always my favorite part!
The transition from swim to the bike. The bike was harder than I thought. There was some pretty steep hills that I wasn't expecting!
Coming in to the finish line.
After the race with my family
Mark and I after the race

10 comments:

Sarah F said...

Wow Jen! A triathlon---and while you're pregnant? You are my hero. Maybe one day I'll do one when I'm at my normal weight!

Lisa said...

WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?! ARE YOU CRAZY!!! I can't believe you did that being prego! I've been thinking about doing one in sept and the swimming kind of scares me a bit, but I'll have to chat it up with you and get all the tips and tricks from you. You're amazing!

Heather said...

Truly an inspiration (I mean Mark is)! :) But seriously, what the heck! You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Jen you are INCREDIBLE! I can not believe you did all that with that extra load on board. Thank your mom for that, because i am certain you get your drive from her.

KAT said...

You are a ROCKSTAR woman!! I can't believe you were out there busting out a triathalon when you are almost going to deliver that baby!!! Way to go!! You are my HERO!!Luvs

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you were able to do this. Now, what's on the agenda for this weekend? :)

Ryan & Emily Gillan said...

you make it look so easy!! I am glad that you were able to do this. Such a great feeling when you are done! I can't wait to see you and the little one this summer!

Kelli said...

You are incredible. It sounds hard enough non-pregnant. Way to go!

Amber Lynn said...

you are insain!!! but im so amazed by your achivement.. there is no way in hell you will ever see me in any kinda race unless its for a great sale on shoes!! you need to put pics of that baby on... I am dieing to see.. Hope your doing good! let me know how three is?

Cory Elvidge said...

Jennifer Benson Grimshaw!!! You are a ROCKSTAR! Now when am I going to see you!?!? When is the baby due?

www.fortunatechaos.com