Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Can I just vent?

Building a house drives me crazy! Not only do you have a million decisions to make, but you have to deal with sub-contractors. This is the latest; I stressed over cabinets. I went through magazine after magazine. Then I found them. The most perfect cabinets. I loved them! We got bids from 3 different cabinet places, and we decided to go through a place that said they could make these exact cabinets. I ripped out the picture of the cabinets and gave it to both partners at the cabinet shop. Tony and I have sat down with them several times to make sure that they are right. Well we got a call saying that they are finally ready to be installed and we needed to go finalize the color. Hooray!! We get up there and they are not even close to what I wanted!!! So tony sais "These aren't even close to what we wanted" The cabinet guy freaks out?!? As if it is our fault that they are wrong! So I either get the ones that I wanted from day one and wait another three weeks for cabinets. Or have these installed tomorrow! It just drives me crazy that I stress for months about what to get for my house and then I don't even get what I asked for! Okay I'm done.
Oh, and does it honestly take three months to put up stucco? NO!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Jen NO WAY! I'm so sorry. What a disaster! So what did you end up doing? I can't even believe that happened. So Jared is just at Presidency meeting and I haven't seen him since 7:30 this morning. I hate it. But at least it gives me a chance to go and check up on some blogs after i finish my YW activities. Keep us updated on everything! We're coming down I think around President's Day, but we'll have to figure out a time because we want to come and see everything. I can't beleve how much you guys have done on your beautiful home. Miss you.

KAT said...

I'm so sorry Jen...what a PAIN in the butt!! But if I were you I would make sure they look EXACTLY like you want them too!! Even though you might have to wait a couple more weeks..it's worth having what you invisioned!! I hope it all works out for you...and quickly:) YEAH RIGHT HUH? I swear some construction people suck at being punctual!! Love ya

Kristen said...

Jen, you can always vent. Especially to your "I hate Enoch/Cedar City" friend. I would say go with what you wanted. If you are anything like me it takes forever to make a decision and once you do, you should get exactly what you want. Let me know if you guys need any help.

LeChem Fam said...

Jen!!! I was Blog surfing and I found your blog!!! That sucks about the cabinets, but your house is looking AMAZING! Anyway, we are still loving our little house (it was a great hand-me-down :) I just thought I'd say hi, and you should check out our blog... www.lechemfam.blogspot.com

PS... we had our little boy a few weeks ago, there are pictures on the blog!

Bran..Brit..Jax..and Skylee said...

Jen hey it's me your cousin. I have a blog too, crazy. I'm sorry about your house issues, but I think you are just bad luck. You are to be and the Grimshaw house forever!