Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Benson Family Reunion

This last weekend we went to my family reunion. My parents were in charge of it this year, and they decided to do a "Survivor" theme reunion. It was amazing! The first night we had a "luau" in my parents backyard. We broke up into "tribes," and had our first challenge where we had to come up with a name for our tribe and make a flag to represent us. Our tribe won with the best flag! During this challenge my mom got Polynesian dancers to entertain us! My favorite was the "fire dancers!"

The second day we went up Provo canyon, and continued to dominate in the challenges! :) I don't have pictures of everything that my parents did for these challenges, but it was incredible. First, they had huge puzzle pieces that my dad had cut out of plywood. These were scattered around the Provo river trail and we had to gather all of them by using clues that my mom had made. Once we gathered all the bundles of pieces the kids had to put the 4 foot x 4 foot puzzle together. The other challenge was just as amazing, but hard to describe, I really should have gotten more pictures! Basically it was a memory game using tiles, and one person had to ride their bike 3 miles round trip to a legend that had 16 different tiles, memorize it, then put it together on a wooden frame. My uncle Mark is an animal, and totally won this challenge for us! Mark, you are our hero!
That night we went to Rock canyon and my parents had set up this huge slip n' slide. It was a blast! Unfortunately, there was a few injuries, but it is bound to happen when you have a 100 ft slip n' slide!

Tony and Sophie

My dad, Tony, and my brother Jared

I love Maddie's' face in this picture of her and my dad going down the slide!

Me, my mom, and Heather getting ready to go down the slide


This picture of us girls at the bottom of the hill makes me laugh!

Madilynn with some of our cousins.

It was a wonderful weekend, and I am so grateful for my parents and all the work they put into it. We will never forget the memories that we made. We love you!

Sophie is doing a new trick that she learned!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my word! Your parents are amazing, right down to the invitations that were sent. It looks like you had a fabulous time. Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures.

Jenny said...

I wish I had a hill in my back yard for a slip and slide like that! How fun.

Katy said...

At my family reunion, we had a huge water slide too (Dan called it the redneck water slide), and at the bottom we used bails of hay to make a little pool at the bottom...it was SO much fun!! Fun pictures!