Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Triathlon Day

My triathlon race was on Saturday and I had so much fun. I did it with my friend Rachel and my aunt Amber. This was my first triathlon and I wanted to do it in under 2 hours. My final race time was one hour and fifty minutes. I am a little disappointed in my transition times (the time between swimming and biking, and then biking and running) I took way too long during that time and it really brought my final time up. But for my first race I guess I shouldn't get too down.
Tony and the girls were there cheering me on. Jared and Heather came during the swim. I was so grateful for all their support and cheers!

The swim was the first leg. I was a little worried because I have only been training in a swimming pool, and it is totally different in open water. You can't see because it is lake water, so I got kicked a lot, and people swim into you because there is no lanes! The swimming was 750 meters and I swam that in 29 minutes. I was pretty proud of myself! I just learned how to swim at the SUU pool 3 weeks ago, and I was incredibly nervous.



This is the transition point. I am taking off my wet suit and getting ready to bike. Amber is on the left she has her helmet on.

The second leg of the race was the bike. It was 13 miles and my time on that was 43 minutes.

Finally the 5K. My legs felt like rubber, and it was hard to transition from biking to running. I felt like I was running in slow motion. It was like my legs wouldn't move. I ran it in 25 minutes

"We did it!" Me, and Rachel, and Amber after the race! You girls rock, and I am glad that we did it together!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes! YI'm so glad that you did it under your goal time. Now that you know what it's all about, when is the next one?

Katy said...

I wish I was super fit, and could do a triathlon!! Nice work!

KAT said...

Way to go WOMAN!! You are so awesome...and you look soooo amazing!! You have such BUFF legs(the pic of you running your calf muscle looks killer)!!! I just need more training in the swim and I would love to do one!! My neighbors and I are training for a race in California(but it's not until October) & its only running!!:)
I wish we lived closer to eachother and we could do races together!! Way to go YOU DA BOMB!! Love ya

Kristen said...

Simply amazing. You definitely have inspired me to do one. Do you want to be my trainer?

Tennille said...

You are amazing! I'm so glad it was a good experience. All of your hard work and training paid off.

Becca said...

I'm so impressed with you--I sometimes think about trying a triathlon but I don't know if I'm tough enough! You look so great! And if you ask me, a 25 min 5K with rubber legs is pretty impressive!

Kelli said...

You are amazing! I have so much respect for people who can train and be so motivated. That takes so much self discipline. Congrats on coming in under your goal!

The Tuck Family said...

Wow! You totally rocked it...I can't believe that you were under 2 hours for your first time! I am very impressed, I wish I was better in the water cause then I might get the guts to do one. For now I'll just stick to running and be jealous of you.

Boo-Ya! Ha, ha, ha....

Ryan & Emily Gillan said...

I am so glad you had fun doing this!! Your time was incredible, and you look great!! You need to convince me that the swimming part isn't bad, because I really want to do one of these! Hopefully we can get together while I am out there in August.

Lisa said...

Hey Jen......running is going okay. Last week was a little crazy because I had a fam reunion on my side, so I only got to go once, but I did run a mile, which is a first for me haha. I'm getting way excited but I'm kind of nervous about being ready in such a short time!!!!!!

Tina said...

Way to go Jen! That is impressive to finish under your goal time.